twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

9/30/14

MY #NYFW Interview With Cesar Galindo

Czar by Cesar Galindo Spring/Summer 2015 Presentation


Dusk & Rubies

In our book a Cesar Galindo's presentations never disappoint, but this time there was an added twist. Surrounding the models were professional artists who drew portraits of the models in his NYFW designs. The overall aesthetic of watching live art draw live art added an extra dimension to all who attended. Not only was there a huge turnout, but designer Cesar Galindo made time to give us the inside scoop, share his favorite looks from his collection and tell us about the secret life he wish he had during fashion week!

I know it’s like choosing between children, but out of your entire collection, which piece is your favorite piece?

The blue and yellow color-block dress, and I don’t normally pick a dress either. But, this time, I pick that one.
Dusk & Rubies


How did you go about choosing which Jane Hruska piece to put with which dress? How do you choose which accessories to use?

It is an organic process, and I think when we are doing the fittings we are trying to figure out what plays into what. And we swap them around and see which piece makes sense. So, there is a lot of playing around.
Dusk & Rubies


Who are you most looking forward to seeing at this NYFW?
Oh my god. I haven’t had a chance to do anything -tweeting, instagraming or going to the shows. I really just can’t wait to get a chance to sleep. We are all going like 500 miles per hour. And I am looking most forward to lying in my bed. When, I get up I am going to review all of the collections over a cup of coffee. That’s when I really get a chance to get into what’s going on. It’s like we live in two different worlds. I can’t wait until I can actually go and enjoy it all.

Dusk & Rubies


If you could do anything other than be at NYFW today what would you be doing?
I mean just today- the weather is really beautiful- we were going by Central Park and I was like wouldn’t it be amazing if today we could just go into the park and enjoy a bottle of wine!


Although we love wine and hanging out in CP, we could never pass up on NYFW Cesar!



Stay Lovely,



D.R



Editor and Curator of



Dusk & Rubies


Dusk & Rubies


No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template