twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

4/16/13

5 Steps To Do Your Makeup...(In 5 Minutes!)

It just seemed natural for Dusk & Rubies next post to be about doing your makeup in 5 minutes. Why? Well, because if you're running late and you've put together that awesome outfit from "5 Steps to Look Put Together...(Even When You're Not)", then you're going to have to complete that easy look with an easy, pretty, and fresh, makeup!
 
Before we start [Disclaimer]: You are about to see me sans makeup! AHHHHHHH!
 
I timed myself and it took me almost as long as Justin Timberlake's music video for"Suit & Tie". So cue it up, and let me show you a few things.
 
 
List of the Products I Used to Achieve This Look:

From left to right: Maybelline Color Sensation Lipstick in Pearly Pink, Lipgloss pot Princess Marcella Borghese Mineral Lip Gloss in Bella Rosa, Maybelline The Falsies Flared Mascara, CoverGirl Trublend Minerals Powder in Light #410, Eucerin: For Sensitive Skin Everday UV Protection Face Lotion, Revlon Age Defying Spa Foundation in Medium Moyen, and E.L.F Shimmering Face Whip in Lilac Petal.


Before you start: Make your skin glow not only is it healthy and wrinkle preventative it allows your face to glow, so don't forget your face cream.

At least I look happy right? A smile is always lovely.
Step 1 Cover Up: Now for the most part my skin is clear, but I like to use an under eye concealer, and then a liquid cover up just to even up my skin tone around my nose. I used Revlon Age Defying SPF Foundation. What is time saving about this product is that it has a built in brush, and you just brush over the areas you want to conceal. This works great to even my skin tone, and get rid of under eye circles.

Perfect Time Saving Strategy!
Step 2 Set Your Concealer: Use a mineral powder to set your concealer, and further perfect your skin. The CoverGirl trublend minerals is a great price point, and easy to sweep over face with a large powder brush.

Step 3 Add Some Color!: This next step I am so excited to share with you. I recently came across an awesome product that is a major time saver, when getting ready in a snap. It is the E.L.F Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal. First off this is a 3 in 1 product. It serves as a highlighter, blush, and shadow! Oh my. And, in the words of Barney Stinson wait for it...It is lengendary -at only $1.00. It goes on light and smooth.

Buy E.L.F Product Here
If you are unsure how to use the E.L.F Shimmering Facial Whip, then here is picture showing you where to highlight your face:

Step 4 Get your Falsies On: Having a mascara that curls your lashes upwards, as well as flares them out is a phenomenal find. Also when you're in a rush you don't always have the time to add eyeliner, so you want a mascara that is going to thicken and darken your lashes. Falsies Flared by Maybelline does just that in a snap.

Step 5 Pout and Apply: To bring this entire look together I chose Maybelline's Color Sensations in Pearl Pink, then added  with my finger a dab of gloss over it with Borghese's Mineral Lip Gloss in Bella Rosa.

Fini...in 5 minutes! Here is the final product:
 







Outtakes:

Stay Lovely,
D.R
Editor and Curator

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template