twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

4/8/13

DIY: Chanel inspired T-Shirt

DIY: Create your own Chanel inspired T-Shirt.

 I saw this T-shirt on Storenvy and it is only $16.00 but I wanted to see if I could create a Chanel inspired t-shirt of my own.

Chanel Inspired Washed Out Tee from Storenvy
 

What you will need:
  • 1 white t-shirt
  • Neon color fabric marker
  • Tulip Fabric Paint in Matte Black
  • Stiff square paint brush, and one small paint brush
  • 1 plastic cup
  • 1 pencil
  • 2 bendable bag ties
  • 1 dried up sponge
  • Cardboard
Materials

My final product:

Do you love it? I do! At first I was going to make my inspired Chanel t-shirt similar to the original, and then I started to trace my large overlapping C shapes, and realized I wanted it to look grittier. After I decided that I wanted the logo to look washed, worn, and smudged I realized my shirt was too bland. I came up with the neon pink lettering that diminished in size as it comes closer to the bottom of the t-shirt. I thought it was playful, and artsy to add the three words "CHANEL WAS HERE", which at one point in the t-shirt becomes "HERE WAS CHANEL".

Anyway...
So here is how you make it!

Step 1: First make sure you place your cardboard in between the front and back of your shirt where you are going to paint. Why? Because this will keep the paint from bleeding through.

Step 2: Next take your plastic cup and with your pencil trace a little bit more than half the circle twice, so that you have the outer line of the logo. Then, you'll need to find something small for the inner line of the letter C.

Step 3: Finally, once your outline is finished you are ready to paint! Now the next part is done by preference. I like to paint the outline first, and then fill in the logo. I suggest to use the small stiff brush for the outline, and the larger brush for filling in the space.

Time:  1 hour to create, 4 hours to dry completely, and 72 hours before you can wash your t-shirt.

P.S: If you mess up with your pencil when tracing  (like I did the first time) use the dried up sponge to scratch it away, an eraser doesn't work that well.


Stay Lovely
D.R
Editor and Curator

1 comment:

blogger template