twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

4/30/13

How To Be Successful...In Your Every Day Life

Positive Energy Looks Good On You!


You know that moment when you're driving, or going about your day and you realize today is a good day? Or, you think about how things are finally going your way and you have this feeling of contentment, of satisfaction? When I have those moments, those days, or those self-realizations I take a moment to honor them and smile. Sometimes I wonder why I can't just bottle that feeling up and use it whenever I want to. And then the answer hits me, if I were to be on that constant high all the time I wouldn't be aware that it existed, and it wouldn't be as enjoyable.

Still, I think there are ways that we can ensure that those moments of pure bliss happen to us more often. I know we deserve it. I've compiled a list that has always worked for me:

1. Try new things. It is exciting for me to try new things, or go to new places. The discovery, the experience, it is as if I am a small child again and I am experiencing the world's wonders for the first time.
2. Set achievable goals. If you set achievable goals, then you are more likely to meet them. Whenever I meet a goal I feel good about myself; I feel as if I am moving forward with my life.
3. Know your truth. I watched an interview with Oprah Winfrey by Steve Harvey last week and she said that we should "know our truth" and that among other things is a major key to success. Knowing your truth is knowing what you want to stand for, what you want to represent, and who you are.
4. Laugh everyday. Laugh at yourself; laugh at absurdity; laugh at awkward situations; just laugh.
5. Do something just for yourself. It could be as simple as listening to your favorite song for two minutes, or as extravagant as scheduling a massage on your tropical vacation. Find some part of your day that you can claim as your own.
6. Celebrate the little things. Hey, you did a good thing? Celebrate! You saved up enough money to go to Paris? Celebrate! You got along with your in laws? Celebrate! You helped someone in need? Celebrate!  Have a glass of wine as you relax at night; go out with friends; take a hot yoga class; go for a cleansing hike; the ways in which to celebrate are endless!
7. Get your charity face on. Giving time to whatever cause, whatever charity you choose is so important. Not only are you helping others, but knowing that you have helped someone in need is extremely rewarding. You can do anything from help build a house for Habitat for Humanity, to donating your prom dress to someone who can't afford one. Any small act of charity, is in reality, never small.
8. Spend the day with someone you love. There is nothing better than sharing some time with someone who supports you and whom you support. If it's mom, or your sister, or a girlfriend have a girl's getaway day. I do this all the time!
9. Don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back. Sometimes we focus too much on if others are proud of what we have accomplished, but what would make us all happier people was if we could be proud of ourselves. Make sure you know that you're are proud of yourself everyday.
10. Compliment others. I will never forget the advice my mother gave me when I was in Middle School. She told me to try, everyday, to compliment at least five people. I can't begin to express how that one action changed my life. I began to compliment more than five people; I began to compliment people I didn't know.  People remember compliments. They become more open to you, and they want to spend time with positive energies. If you put positivity out into the universe, you will have positivity returned to you.

And if you still want to bottle up that pure bliss feeling:

Here is an adorable DIY I came up with, so you can see your joy, your pure bliss, your oh so happy day kept in a jar, and reminded of its power. Put the jar on your desk at work, or on your bedside table!
Supplies: Mod Podge for puzzles, Dollar Tree Candle in a scent you prefer, stock paper, and a brush (but I used my fingers).

Step 1: Carefully peel off the sticker in one piece.
 
 
Step 2: To make your own label- place sticker on a piece of paper so that you can cut it out, and then use it to trace.

Step 3: Trace the label on a piece of card stock you would like to use.
 

Step 4: Adhere your handmade label with a healthy amount of Mod Podge on both front and back of label.



Step 5: Voila! My Essence of Joy bottled for any day!



Stay Lovely,

D.R

Editor & Curator

Dusk & Rubies

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template