twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

8/2/13

What To Wear: To A Festival




Firstly, I apologize for being M.I.A from the blogosphere. I have had quite the tumultuous, exciting, and daunting couple of weeks as of late. (Part of me is upset that last sentence lacked parallelism but it will just have to do!) Anyway, of course this means there is a lot to share, but the most exciting is yet to come. The month of August will play host to most of my traveling opportunities this summer; I leave for Grenada today, and then Colorado. I also might be making a quick trip to Orlando (since I won a vacation for four! But hmmm who should I take?) 

Now, onto what this post is truly about: The Great South Bay Festival and even more importantly something ridiculously awesome I saw there! You know I am a big fan, and advocate for small businesses. I love their attention to detail, the personable ways in which they make sure their clientele is taken care of, and of course the amount of passion and hard work that goes into creating something truly unique. That being said, I found the next small business I wanted to highlight on my blog. Their store is named, fittingly, Nomad. I became acquainted with this business at GSB!




Let's talk about how great of an idea this is! Food trucks are extremely popular right now. There are even television shows dedicated to those who aspire to own and operate their own food truck businesses. So why not fill a truck with delicious creations that won't add inches to your waist line, but rather cleverly hide, cinch, embellish, or highlight your lovely attributes instead? I'll take a second helping of that please, with a large statement ring on top!


My sister trying on rings.

Beautiful jewelry displays.

Here are just some of the items Dusk & Rubies loved, and thought were perfect for festival wear:
Knit South Western Backpack medium photo

Floral Flowing Tank with Open Bow Back medium photo

Boxy Black Tee with Aztec Graphics medium photo

Check out more of their cool swag, and when and where this truck will be visiting a city near you on their Facebook page!

Stay Lovely,

D.R

Editor and Curator of

Dusk & Rubies




-------------------------------------------
Part of the WSWP: Women Support Women Project:

Know someone who is starting a small business and is looking for press? E-mail us your story, and your business may be chosen to have an article written about it [duskandrubies@gmail.com]

Written by: Danielle A. Rufrano
NYS Teacher Certification in English Language Arts
Freelance writer for: yourzenlife.com and getfesty.com
BA in English, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template