twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

7/12/13

Recharge Your Workout With: Plyometrics


It's summer and I have been slowly losing weight, getting fit, and having a fun time figuring out what works for me, and what doesn't. I couldn't wait to post about what I have, in the past two weeks, added to my gym routine. It is called plyometrics, called plyo for short, and also known as "jump training". Add this to your routine and you will see some major results within the first two weeks, especially if you don't do any type of plyo in your routines usually.

What you will need:
-Two boxes (of differing heights) that are made to be jumped on. Your gym should have them available.  


After I finish my cardio I do a few ab exercises, then head up stairs to get my plyo workout on. It is simple but I have seen and felt my legs become stronger from this simple exercise.
What to do:
-Using the shorter box you will need to jump up onto the box and then off 10x.
-Using the higher box you will need to jump onto the box and then off 10x.
(Repeat this 3x)
Tips:
1. Land softly on your feet. It takes more control; therefore, your muscles will hold and contract.
2. Take a break, if needed, between sets of 10.
3. Be wary that the higher box is indeed higher. Remember to use your knees, and bring them up high.
There are multiple exercises to try, and p90x even has an entire video devoted to plyo. I happen to really enjoy the one described above (My definition of enjoy is that it is difficult enough, yet still do-able after my cardio.)
Try it out, and tell us what you think!
Stay Lovely,
D.R
Editor and Curator of
Dusk & Rubies


No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template