twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

5/2/14

City Living: Tuck Shop (The Great Aussie Bite)

I don't know why I am surprised each time I find a new fav take-away or restaurant in NYC, but I am--every time!. There are so many tasty and trendy foodie finds in MP (meat packing) where my office presently is. Last Friday I met up with my friend Danielle who told me all of her favorite places to eat that are in the area (her husband works above Chelsea Market) making her a foodie expert and the perfect lunch companion! Tucked away in the back of Chelsea Market is the Tuck Shop an Australian meat pie shop. So what is a vegan doing at a meat pie shop? Read on to find out!



Where: Chelsea Market 75 9th Avenue between 15th and 16th and 68 East 1st St between 1st and 2nd Avenue. 

About: This little Aussie inspired shop offers delivery (which is aMAzing) as well as pies, gluten free and regular, meat and vegetarian, and some amazing sides. Danielle told me they had the most delicious kale salad so I had to try it. For only $6.50 you get a humongous kale salad with a lemon tahini dressing, seeds and dried berries. This was the most heavenly kale salad I have ever tasted. The dressing was creamy and the portion was filling I couldn't even eat half of it and saved it for later. For those who like kitschy things they have their own homemade soda. Danielle likes their vanilla cream soda pop. To see their entire menu visit: HERE


Have you been here before? If you have we would love to hear your thoughts, fav dishes and so on! Leave it in the comment section below.

Stay Lovely, 

D.R

Editor and Curator of

Dusk & Rubies 

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template