twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

6/1/14

Where Have I Been? What Have I Done? A Quickie Recap Of All Things May!


Dusk & Rubies
Girl where have you been? What have you been up to? People keep asking me this and all I can do is smile and say "Everywhere. Everything." It has been a crazy ride this May and I am going to catch you up on the hectic lifestyle of Dusk & Rubies as well as give you a sneak peek into some posts coming up this June.



Writing, writing, some more writing and attending events. There were lots of events to attend in May!

Some of you may have realized from a few of my posts that I had earned an editorial internship with Guest Of A Guest. I have been an editorial intern for the last five months and all my hard work has paid off! I am now stepping up as one of the writers and freelance journalists for the now active Hamptons page! I will be covering most of the GofG Hamptons events, since I live pretty close and because you can usually find me there during the Summer anyway! 

This May Dusk & Rubies went shopping! We hung out with store owners and attended store openings and coveted everything.

1. The Orlebar Brown Store Opening in East Hampton. 
Dusk & Rubies
Orlebar Brown is based in London, and launched in March 2007 as a more tailored approach to men’s beach and swim shorts. Not so much a swim short but a ‘short you can swim in’, Orlebar Brown offers the essentials for smart holiday travel – something you can wear on the beach, by the pool and then smart enough to go and have a drink or lunch. 

I happened to fall in love with these two bikinis. I will do a post on this brand in June! So keep reading D&R to find out more!

2. Launch of Hilaria Baldwin Collection With Lexington Company to benefit Guild Hall. 

We met and talked with the beautiful Hilaria Baldwin who designed a clothing collection around how she summers in the Hamptons! 
Dusk & Rubies
Dusk & Rubies attended art launches and immersed ourselves in the art of the East end. 

 3. The Private Art Launch of Josefin Haringer at the c/o Maidstone in East Hampton
Dusk & Rubies
Josefin is a Swedish photographer and her collection is a lot of fun. Plus, I think I just found my new Summer playground at the c/o Maidstone. (Post soon to follow.)

4. LOLA MONTES SCHNABEL and JULIAN SCHNABEL at The Fireplace Project
Dusk & Rubies
The piece pictured above is by Julian Schnabel and called "Portrait of Lola". Created in 1996 with oil, plates and bondo on wood. This super cool piece uses cracked tea cups, plates, and all types of china to add texture. It is extremely impressive in size a full 80 x 60 inches.

Dusk & Rubies got our fit on because it's swimsuit season and because we love to be happy and healthy. 

5. Launch Of The Ramy Brook's Collection For Soul Cycle in Bridgehampton 

This collection will make you look like a rockstar even after stepping out from a grueling spin class. (Stay tuned for this post coming in June!)
Dusk & Rubies
Dusk & Rubies tasted some amazing food, and would it be Summer without experimenting with a few fun cocktails?

6. We attended the private tasting and opening of Harbor Raw Bar & Grill in Montauk.

Here is just a mouth-watering taste of what you'll see in our new post coming up in June!
Can you say Burr-a-ta?
Dusk & Rubies
So we have tasted, smelled, seen, touched, talked and played all around the Hamptons this May and we can't wait to share more about it with all of you lovelies! Make sure to check out my posts with Guest Of A Guest too!

Like always stay lovely,

D.R

Editor and Curator of

Dusk & Rubies 

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template