twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

9/23/13

Foodie Reviews: Claudio's

All you need to remember is the phrase:

Award Winning New England Clam Chowder





The view...oh la la
Claudio's Restaurant is one of those places that is built upon history, family traditions, secret recipes, and even hidden passageways that were once used during prohibition times. Needless to say, I am a repeat customer. Brian and I were seated in the perfect corner where we both had tons of room to stretch out, and languidly watch the day stretch out over the harbor.
The food...
It's all good! I have tried so many choices off of their menu, but most recently I ordered the:
1870 Steak Salad Grilled sliced New York strip steak, crisp iceberg lettuce, steakhouse bleu cheese dressing and halved grape tomatoes

Which I am going to strongly recommend, because this is not your average bleu cheese people! If you are a lover of cheese, let me tell you this bleu cheese is an experience. It is separate from the dressing itself. It is smooth, and buttery, and just the right amount of saltiness. It is perfection...and only made more perfect by being paired with my goblet of pinot noir.


The wine...

While waiting for our table, Brian and I sat at the bar and I was adamant about treating myself to the perfect glass. The bartender was an extremely knowledgeable and helpful guide while I ventured on my quest. He let me taste (poured freely) the following:




The La Linda Malbec's tannins left more of a sharp aftertaste, and the Chianti was too sweet for me. But the Hob Nob Pinot Noir's was perfect with my dinner, and really complimented the london broil, and bleu cheese well.





This place has the magic three: atmosphere, delectable dishes, and winning wine lists. So if that doesn't persuade you, then I will leave you with this fun fact, In 2012 Claudio's celebrated its 142nd Anniversary, and in turn was recognized by The National Restaurant Association as The Oldest Same Family Run Restaurant In The United States. That is pretty amazing, and further proof that if you haven't dined here yet, you should!
Stay Lovely,
D.R
Editor, and Curator of
Dusk & Rubies

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template