twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

12/30/13

Get The Look: Modern 90's Grunge



Ah the 90s- what a clever decade. Made most famous by sitcoms like Seinfeld, Friends, Full House, Boy Meets World, Family Matters, Fresh Prince, and one of my favorites Frasier. Yes, I'm completely serious. Speaking of entertainment, when I think back on my youth, I remember having tons of fake pets to keep me constantly busy. There was my furbie, my multiple tamagotchies, pound puppies, and giga pets. Imagine if they made stickers to place on the back window of your mini van (if you owned a mini van) for all of those lessons in virtual responsibility! 

 I remember jamming and doing the running man to music blaring through my boombox. It wasn't a party unless TLC, Alanis Morisette, Color Me Badd, En Vogue, Barenaked Ladies, Kris Kros, 2pac, and Red Hot Chili Peppers were invited! While I agree this is a very eclectic mix of music, I want to remind you this was the 90s man. So as another year comes to a close, and our fashion trends come and go let us get a taste of what is to come...or repeat. The 90's grunge look is back, and here is how we styled it with a modern twist. 


Lipsy sleeveless top
$26 - lipsy.co.uk

Forever 21 top
forever21.com

The Row leather trousers
net-a-porter.com


MCM leather strap backpack
$875 - monnierfreres.co.uk

Ray-Ban green sunglasses
$280 - superette.co.nz

Slouch hat
$100 - black.co.uk


Stay Lovely,

D.R

Editor and Curator of


Dusk & Rubies

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template