twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

10/8/13

The Health Issue: Day #3 of Dusk & Rubies' 10 Day Fitness Challenge

Do Not Knock It Until You Try It!...
So what type of cardio could we possibly try next? Dance cardio, or in other words Zumba! Hey, I was the biggest skeptic. Even as a former dancer I doubted I would get the same type of workout from this "dance class" as I would running, or let's say going to a spin class.
So this morning I gave it a try, and was completely surprised! I was drenched, and completely feeling the high intervals (the fast dances) followed by the recovery dances (the slower dances). It was a 60 minute class my gym offered, and
I would highly recommend giving it a try.
Was it easy to pick up? With a dance background I was able to pick up the moves pretty easily, but messed up a few times. (My samba is not the best) But, it was all good! Everyone is there to dance, and no one is by any means a professional, so even if you're a beginner you'll feel right at home. If you feel nervous about trying the class, don't fear. Most classes are pretty full, and you can take a spot in the back, and blend in with the other bodies just trying to get a workout in, but make sure you have a good view of the instructor!
Food:
Revamp your breakfast!
Oatmeal + Cinnamon + 1tbsp slivered almonds
You need a breakfast that is going to burn slowly, and keep you full. By eating a whole grain with the additional protein in the almonds it is the perfect breakfast for someone who is cardio bound!

Happy Day #3!

Stay lovely

D.R

Editor and Curator of

Dusk & Rubies

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template