twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

4/17/14

FullyRaw Challenge: Week 1 Complete!

I promised to write about the health journey I've been taking and I never break a promise. This is a review of the Fully Raw 21 Day Challenge. I have successfully completed 7 days! (Further than I thought I would get sans coffee!) At the end of each week I'm discussing the pros and cons of taking the Fully Raw 21 Day Challenge and everything you need to know about eating fully raw. Yes, I have been gluten free, vegan and all that jazz and I am here to tell you all about this experience thus far. 

On Buying A Juicer:

This juicer was super cheap and really effective. I suggest anyone who would like to start juicing to buy the Black And Decker 400 Watt Juice Extractor . For $29.99 you can start your day with fresh squeezed "Super Orange Juice" which is delicious and so nutritious. 

"Super Orange Juice Recipe"
- 2 Stalks Of Celery
- 1" ginger root
- 3 Cuties (clementines)
- 1 Carrot

On Exercise:

I usually exercise 3-5 days a week, but I really REALLY scaled back this week. With eating so much less, and so differently I wasn't sure I was going to have the energy or the strength and I didn't want to make my hunger more than it would be. So I went for walks and nature hikes 2 days out of the week. After the caffeine withdrawals subsided I felt fine to work out.

On Eating Out:
On Saturday I usually go out to dinner with my boyfriend and since I was eating fully raw I wasn't sure which types of restaurants could cater to this lifestyle. It definitely took a little more planning than usual, but you would be surprised as to how many restaurants offer vegan, gluten free, and raw options. Just search in the urbanspoon search engine for restaurants with vegan friendly options. We went to an amazing Mexican restaurant in Huntington Village that we both loved! 

On Weight Loss:

I know this is what everyone wants to know. So many people change the way they eat just to lose weight when there are so many other wonderful reasons to change your lifestyle. For instance, I sleep better and feel less stressed eating this way. It is just something I noticed with the lack of caffeine running through my veins. And although I feel tired mid afternoon, it's nothing I can't handle. I'm NOT falling asleep in my chair. The first day the caffeine withdrawal was awful (a slow throbbing ache that did not quit all day and into the evening). But after the first day, headache was gone and all I suffered from was stiff muscles in my calves for three days. So, everyone is different therefor everyone's bodies I'm sure will react to different diets or lifestyle changes. I lost 7lbs in the first week, but that doesn't mean everyone will, some may lose more, less, or nothing at all. I was eating a lot of garbage before I began, so I think that had a lot to do with the results of week 1. 

My Favorite Things To Eat:

Banana Nut Smoothie
(Recipe)
1 banana
1 1/2 cup ice cubes
1/2 cup cashew milk
1 vanilla bean
cinnamon

Dusk & Rubies

Walnut and Cranberries Salad With Hummus Dressing
(Recipe)
1/4 cup unsalted walnuts
2 tbsp of hummus with 4 tbsp water
1-2 tbsp cranberries
romaine lettuce
small red and orange peppers
chopped up carrots

Super Orange Juice
(Recipe Above)

Now onto week #2! I am 10 days in (currently) and going strong! Almost halfway! If you have any questions please e-mail or leave in comments section below. 

Stay Lovely,

D.R

Editor and Curator of

Dusk & Rubies Blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template